Saturday, April 9, 2011

Warped!

     van’s warped tour is one of the largest tours in America. They go for months at a time to cities all around the country. This insane event began in 1995 and mostly featured punk rock bands, but as of the later years it has diversified its range of bands. Vans put on a skateboarding show as well in which they promote their own shoes. The tour has been known to feature 100 bands playing at a single event. They play for duration of usually 30 minutes in which they have several stages set up throughout the area.
Warped tour has been a reoccurring festival in south Florida for several years my brother and sister went 3 times before I made my first trip to it. It is a crazy festival for all sorts of rocker people. Dancing, singing, skateboarding. These are what put warped tour over the top for one of the most insane festivals in the land.

   
    Warped tour is known for having a younger crowd. When I was 14 years old I went to Warped Tour with my brother and sister. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect because it was my first concert, but my hopes were high. As I arrived I saw several other people my age, so I was ready to party. The day was great with tons of events and so much to do. The festival in all was tons of fun but not something I would ever want to do again basically because of the type of music. If you are into punk rock and metal than Warped Tour is the place for you, not so much me.
    Nobody told me what a mosh pit was until I got there, so as you can imagine I was pretty alarmed. If you go to Warped Tour then be sure to watch out for those unless you are into being hit around then that’s on you. One story that I repeatedly tell about my Warped Tour experience is when a girl went for a stage dive and began to crowd surf. She jumped right on top of me, and “Wham,” kicked me right in the face. I had a black eye for a week. So all you people wishing to go to Warped tour then be prepared to be physical because that was my experience of the event.




No comments:

Post a Comment